Skip to Content

School Governors & Governors' Fund

The Governors are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Their purpose is to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
 
The Governing Board has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure the school’s money is well spent.
 
The Headteacher is responsible for the educational performance of the school and the internal organisation, management and control of the school.
 

 

The structure of the Governing Board is as follows:

Headteacher Governor

Eight Foundation Governors (appointed by the Archbishop of Westminster)

One Local Authority (LA) Governor (appointed by the LA - Hammersmith & Fulham)

One Staff Governor (elected by the teaching staff)

Two Parent Governors (elected by the parents of children attending the school)

One Co-Opted Governor (appointed by the Governing Board)

 

Click to view the Larmenier & Sacred Heart Governing Board register of pecuniary interests.

 

governor_meeting_attendance_2018-19.pdf

 

GOVERNORS' FUND

Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is a Voluntary Aided (VA) school under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Westminster. You may be aware that funding relating to capital works (i.e. building maintenance and development) for VA schools is capped at 90% from central government. In order for schools to maintain their VA status, they are therefore required to fund the remaining 10% of their capital budget from voluntary contributions. In an attempt to make up this shortfall in funding, like many other VA schools, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has a Governors’ Fund, funded by parental donations, which helps to pay for the cost of capital projects and to provide additional funds for on-going school improvement. 
 
Throughout its history, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has been privileged to have an extremely generous community of parents/carers who have invested in the school for the benefit of all pupils. This financial support has helped the school to provide an excellent and stimulating learning environment which is well resourced and meets the demands of the curriculum and the many enrichment opportunities on offer. In recent years, these funds have supported the school in financing the building of an additional multi-purpose teaching space and dining hall. This summer, a programme of redecoration was undertaken and a further building extension project commenced. The latter will provide a quality space for teachers to undertake planning and preparation work to support learning and teaching.
 
All families with children at our school are therefore invited to make a voluntary contribution to the Governors' Fund. This may take the form of either a one-off payment or a regular (monthly/quarterly/annual) contribution.
 
We ask that qualifying UK taxpayers choosing to donate to the Governors' Fund also complete a Gift Aid form which will add 25% to the value of your donation - at no extra cost to you.

On behalf of the Governing Board, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your continuing and loyal support of our school which is greatly valued and will enable us to maintain the high standard of education which is offered to all pupils at Larmenier & Sacred Heart.

Mrs Jane Sawyer, Chair of Governors

 

Gift Aid Form gift_aid_form_-_updated_may_2018.pdf

Standing Order Form standing_order_form.pdf